Quality Control Policy
The Aim of this quality assurance policy is to confirm Pattesons Glass commitment to upholding the highest of standards when it comes to the products we distribute, the way we work and the relationship we have with our supplier’s, staff and stakeholders. We strive for continuous improvement which underlines our endeavour to provide the best quality assurance we can.
Pattesons policy is aimed at maintaining an effective and efficient quality control process which enables us to keep to the strictest of practices. All processes are agree and developed in conjunction with all relevant parties to ensure we meet not just the basic requirements entrusted in us but we go the extra mile to provide the best service we can.
As part of this, the management of Pattesons Glass Ltd have implemented a documented Quality control System supported by a HACCP Plan as part of our ongoing commitment to BRCGS Global Standard for Storage and Distribution. It is the company’s mission to ensure that all products stored and distributed are supported by the strictest hygiene standards and comply with all product safety, legality and quality requirements.
The assurance of quality is fundamental for all work undertaken by Pattesons and should be implemented by all staff in their work. We also hold our selves accountable for any wrong doing and we will look into any possible way to improve our quality control process.
- Five areas our policy covers
- Ensure that all policies, procedures, relevant regulations and codes of practice are implemented.
- Monitor and measure the quality of work produced by employees.
- Be effective and efficient in all processes.
- Maintain consistency in work practices and communication.
- Review our performance in all area.
Pattesons Glass Ltd is a responsible company that recognises its operational activities impact on the environment in terms of the use of raw materials, emissions to air and water, and waste generation as a result we seek to minimise the impact we make on environment. We also make it our aim to review our policy on annual basis, taking account of any changes within legislation and our organisation.
We are committed to:
- Continual improvement in our environmental performance.
- Preventing any forms of pollution.
- Compliance with all environmental legislation, regulations and codes of practices relevant to us.
- Make efficient use of natural resources by conserving energy and water, minimising waste, and recycling where possible.
- Meet our duty of care requirements in relation to waste by ensuring the safe keeping, transportation and subsequent recovery or disposal of waste.
- Use recycled construction materials whenever these can be commercially justified.
- Keep transport use to a minimum and regularly service vehicles to maintain their efficiency.
- Work with suppliers to ensure they recognise and reduce the environmental impact of their products and transportation.
- We welcome and embrace change that ultimately reduces any impact to the environment.
- We employ the services of a third party inspector to regulate our in house practises.
Pattesons Glass Ltd continually strives to embrace its corporate social responsibility policy, with the aim to make our company more transparent to our clients. The ethical accountability of the company runs high within the manageable hierarchy and we hold ourselves accountable for any wrong doing.
The commitment shown from Pattesons Glass Ltd to our corporate social responsibility policies are paramount and works towards obtaining and maintaining the company’s reputation for honesty, our ethical conducts towards customers, suppliers, competitors and staff. Pattesons Glass strives to ensure that all goods purchased are produced in conditions that do not involve the abuse or exploitation of the manufacturer’s employees. While we expect that all manufacturers and third party suppliers work towards all guidelines set by its own Ethical Trading Policy. Its’ our goal to ensure that products sourced from manufacturers either outside or within adhere to the strictest of work practices. All suppliers are approved and all documentation is in place before we start trading. We are committed to this policy and ensuring that our customers are confident in our abilities to source products from a reputable sources.
Ethical trading is vastly important to us and our customers. We operate a SAQ and wherever possible make regular unannounced visits to sites to ensure all current Ethical practises are being adhered too and are enforced.
The key elements of our CSR policy we cover are listed below:
- Employment is freely chosen
- Working conditions are safe and hygienic
- Child labour is not used
- Living wages are paid
- Working hours are not excessive
- No discrimination is practised
- No harsh or inhumane treatment is allowed
- Accurate and honest communication
- Customer relationships
- Accounting and financial reporting laws